[Chrysler300] guess who nearly owned Mercedes in US who now own Chrysler

[Chrysler300] guess who nearly owned Mercedes in US who now own Chrysler?

Me again, sorry to be here again, but maybe this time this might interest
some who did not know this already?

The other day I mentioned how the late 50s Studebaker Packard merger failed
- this following latest comment that GM might be looking at acquiring
Chrysler. I made comment that the merger did not really help the two now
more cash strapped once outstanding companies, this subsequent to website
comment that GM today were not too flush, and how could they consider buying
Chrysler?

Well tonight as I go to pay for an ebay Packard advertisement a friend I
will be seeing this weekend has been chasing, before paying, I search if any
possible other Packard ads he still chasing might be combined in already
paying for shipping - and up comes a 1958 Studebaker Packard advertisement.

To those of you saying this is a Chrysler 300 website, what this about, here
is the connection - the 1958 Stude Packard ad is for a 1958 Mercedes
sedan!!! - because they (Stude Pack) had the US Distribution rights for USA
- in the ad they say Exclusive rights - that was what this ad is about.

So I leave working out all the possible ironies/scenarios if Stude Pack had
NOT gone broke - like maybe they would/might now co-own Chrysler ??!! - but
it seems even though they were in trouble, Stude Pack still had some clear
thinking car people even then - what would US rights for Merc sales in US be
worth today?

Anyone in the US add anything more re what happened re MB in US after
StudePack failed? Whatever it was, it did not put MB off buying Chrysler
years later.

Christopher.

Advertisement: Meet Sexy Singles Today @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D23769&_t=754951090&_r=endtext_lavalife_dec_meet&_m=EXT

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: