Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Sway Bar on 300G (F, H, J and K, too)

Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Sway Bar on 300G (F, H, J and K, too)

Kenny & Group -

  For his aftermarket high-perfomance sway bar, John Carlson at Saner still uses the original angle brackets (two per car) that each attach with three bolts to the frame.  He makes the link to his own design (the part I believe which has has bent in your case), as the stock item would not accomodate the much thicker bar that he provides.

  For your issue of locating a replacement link, I can speak as far as the 1963 & 1964 Chryslers - I believe the cars that originally came equipped with the front bar include all Town & Country wagons, cars with the heavy-duty suspension option (i.e., ram inducted cars) and the New Yorker Salon models.  No cars came with a rear bar.  Saner's rear bar involves drilling four holes (two each side) for the anchor points, and uses U-bolts for attachment to the axle.

  From my experience, the combination of Saner's front & rear sway bars, KYB shocks and 235/70-15 radials (now difficult to find in a 1" whitewall), transforms the handling of these cars.  I think John Hertog can comment further on the addition of a "Firm-Feel" steering box rebuild.

  Regards,
  John Spiers

Kenny Cassady <kennycassady@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Thank you John for the info and advice on John Carlson at Saner for the sway
bar brackets. I have since tried to bend mine back into place, only to
discover that is has been previously bent, broken and repaired at least
once, so it's a goner.

I've recently been told that this sway bar bracket was used on all B and C
body Mopars 1960 through 64 and Imperials 1960-66, therefore should be
plentiful on parts cars. Can anybody confirm this? Does anybody have one
they'd be willing to "part" with? (pun intended)

If I can't find one from a parts car, I'll try contacting John Carlson.

Thanks,
Kenny Cassady
Oakland, CA
1961 300G

http://us.click.yahoo.com/0It09A/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM

Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums &amp; communities. Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)