From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bob Merritt
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 9:27 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] seat tilt

Here's a question for owners of F, G, and Sport 62s with power seats. It
regards the tilt function.

On mine, the front elevator will rise for the switch positioned tilt up and
the front elevator will lower for the switch positioned for tilt down. There
is no rear elevator action during tilt up or tilt down. In fact, the only
time the rear elevator works is during straight up or straight down seat
motion. This works fine, I can adjust the seat wherever I want but I wonder
if this is how it is supposed to be.

Looking at the service manual, specifically pages 8-71 and 8-90 of
"Electrical and Instruments" for the 1962 version, it would seem that there
is a switch position for the front elevator to rise and a switch position
for the rear elevator to rise. The diagram suggests there is no switch
position where the front elevator should lower during tilt........yet this
is what mine does. I wonder if the manual is wrong or if I have the wrong
switch connections.

I guess my question is: how does your seat work during tilt?
Does your front elevator go up and down or does your rear elevator go up?

As always, any comments about elevators not reaching the top floor are
invited.

Bob
Auburn, NY
22 degrees and snow.