RE: [Chrysler300] GM to Buy Chrysler?

I heard a rumour a few weeks ago that if GM bought Chrysler, it was only so
GM could/would  reduce current competition re some GM versus Mopar products,
and the other part was Daimler Chrysler would keep parts, and other parts
would go to a Europe or Asia buyer - hopefully this rumour is wrong, as it
does not sound too good for Chrysler?!

I think Daimler was going to keep Chrysler's auto product range/bits - which
may or may not be good for Chrysler?

Anyone have any more re this - or maybe what the rumour source I cannot
remember was ?

The only 'most likely' to buy the lot as one, would in my guess be someone
currently building none of what US Chrysler currently is/has - who is this?
- someone Chinese would be most's first guess??  As they are the world's
next 'coming/would be' new major auto manufacturers.

There is a joke about an asian trying to convert some currency to that of
the country he is in - he does not get as much as he expects, the exchange
rate he saw earlier that day.
When he queries why he got less, the Bank teller tells him "Fluctuations"
!!!  So he angrily replies to the teller "well fluckyouwhitepeople too!!!" -
  not quite a current 'flock' joke, but close ??!!  Here's hoping Chrysler
stays American, and that nothing against the Chinese or any other nation.

Christopher in Oz

>From: Tony Rinaldi <awrdoc@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: Chrysler 300 Club <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [Chrysler300] GM to Buy Chrysler?
>Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:11:37 -0400
>
>The "Auto Sleuth" (Automotive News, Trends and Gossip) reports that high
>level talks are going on behind closed doors for GM to absorb Chrysler.
>
>Other reports, have Daimler getting 20% ownership in GM??
>
>The whole deal may benefit union problems.
>
>Seems the Chrysler brands would stay the same with everything else
>changing,
>including plants and back-office operations.
>
>Does your Chebby have a hemi?
>
>Tony Rinaldi
>300-F Conv't

Join the millions of Australians using Live Search. Try live.com.au
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=740&referral=million&URL=http://live.com.au

http://us.click.yahoo.com/0It09A/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional