Re: [Chrysler300] 300 G Operating Instructions

Lauren Lampi wrote:

> [...]
>
>I think the 6 page "Your Chrysler 300 G" book is what you are looking for.
>

>Found in the glove compartment was a color post card showing a black, 300G  HT
>with chrome wire wheels and  3/4 inch narrow white walls.
>On the back of the post card...
>
>"1961 Chrysler 300G
>413 cu in.  400 hp  -  ram charge induction with dual 4-bbl carbs -
>Driven by Tom McCahill at Daytona Beach, Fla at speeds in excess of
>125 mph.   One of the great performance cars of all time, this lovely,
>original car has only 64,000 miles.   Gleaming original black finish, excellent
>chrome, whitewall tires, original Chrysler chrome wire wheels.
>Good original interior with hand tooled tan leather bucket seats
>front and rear-  Front seats swivel out for easy entrance.
>Has storage center consoles front and rear,   3 Speed floor shifter
>with 6000  rpm tach  -  Radio, heater, clock, Power steering and
>power brakes.
>A certified milestone car that really performs."
>
>Published by Roaring 20 Autos, Wall , NJ  07719   in 1977
>

>Also found in the stuff in the glove compartment:
>a business card   2"  X  3 1/2"
>on the front:
>
>"Chrysler   300  Club    (and logo)
>
>Ray Doern
>1687 Gypsy Lane
>Columbus, OH  43229
>(phone Number) "
>
>On the back of the card:
>
>"Charlotte Motor Speedway
>
>100  MPH  Club
>
>This is to certify that    RAY DOERN
>has completed a lap on the world famous Charlotte
>Motor Speedway with an average speed in excess
>of 125.00  MPH.  This mark was achieved in the
>official Charlotte Motor Speedway Chrysler Kit Car.
>
>December  5, 1978
>
>Tim Flock
>1952 & 1955  Grand National Champion
>NASCAR  Hall of Fame
>
>H A Wheeler, Jr
>Vice-President and General Manager
>
>At an average speed of 142.786  MPH"
>

>Does Ray still belong to the club?
>What is a Chrysler Kit Car?
>
>Was this a Go to the Track, Pay your money, Take the Class, take the class car on the track?
>The Liability Insurance Boys aren't going to let you do that today.
>
>Also found in the glove box an auto service paper stating mileage on June  10, 1977,
>the mileage on the car was  16,386.
>Checked the car today and the mileage is  29,414.
>Can this be the original Mileage?????????????
>I always thought that it was on the second time around on the clock.
>
>Thanks for listening.
>300ly,
>
>Lauren R Lampi
>Grand Rapids, MN
>300G  HT    Under Construction, but getting closer

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
>
>For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/
>Yahoo! Groups Links

>This email was pre-scanned by Spam Guardian

 It Sounds like you found some really informative paper work.  I can
only write about the Kit Car.  Back in the Mid 70's Chrysler Corp. came
out with Race Car Kits.  You could buy it in all the pieces and
assembled the car yourself.  All the tubing was cut to length and you
would get out the Blue prints and weld it all together  and I mean
nothing was assembled.,  Or you could buy one partically assembled and
you finish or you could get one completely assembled and ready to race.
It was Chryslers way to get new people into racing and you could learn
how to do everything.   It wasen't very successful  I believe they
stoped making the Kits in 1978. I could be wrong.  They are a very
collectiable car now if you could find one.   Gary Barker

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: