[Chrysler300] New 300-G project

Hello everyone, wanted to let you know that my Dad and I are finally
getting to restoring his 300-G. He has owned it since the spring of
1962, bought it at a Studebaker dealer in Hagerstown, Md. If I
remember correctly, the fellow who bought it from Bud Faubel traded
it in on a new Studebaker Avanti. Unfortunately the car fell on hard
times, sitting since 1971. My Dad stopped driving it I guess for a
couple of reasons, he couldn't find the 2 ½ " exhaust pipes/mufflers
anywhere and no one in Clearwater, Fl where he was living at the
time had a pipe bender that size. And unfortunately, I don't think
he thought it was a priority to get it on the road again, he had
other cars to use. The car spent the next 30+ years in his garage
until the late 90's. Then he took it to a shop to get the engine
rebuilt and unfortunately the car sat outside for a considerable
time. It was also during this period that someone thought the car
looked better without the front parking light lenses and busted them
out for my Dad! Well, anyway, I was living in Lake City, Fl by then
and just couldn't seem to get my Dad moving on this project. Well,
now they live across my yard from me and I've got the car back into
a garage. Started cleaning out the accumulation of stuff my Dad had
put in it to see what was there to work with. Definitely rusted out
trunk floor and lip for the trunk lid and other body rust, but
fortunately the body is not really eaten up with it. We picked up
some spare stuff from a G in a salvage yard years ago, mostly small
stuff. Anyhow, I'm now in the process of getting the carbs cleaned
and waiting for a distributor I got on E-bay to try and start the
engine soon. If we can clear that hurdle, we'll be moving on to the
cosmetics and I'm sure I'll drive you all nuts with questions about
where to get the pieces we'll be needing. We're not "bucks up", so
my Dad and I, mostly me I guess since he is 84 will be doing most
every thing we can. I'm sure some will have to be farmed out, but
I'll worry about that when I need to. That's all for now, and
everyone have a great weekend!

Randy Huntzberry

21211 45th Place

Lake City, Fl 32025