RE: [Chrysler300] More Items found in 300 G Glovebox

RE: [Chrysler300] More Items found in 300 G Glovebox

Speaking of finding interesting items in a G, I was doing some spring cleaning of my G convertible, since I had the front seats out for reupholstery, and I noticed the cars original build sheet was taped to the power seat track mechanism right in the middle directly beneath the console and above the transmission hump.

I didn't want to rip it by trying to take it out, since I have a copy from Gil and his records, so there it sits, with its original masking tape holding it in place.

Unfortunately, I did notice a strange piece of metal that is bolted down to the swivel seat track frame, on the transmission hump side of the mechanism, was sort of cracked and weak.  I don't know if it's steel or aluminum (didn't try a magnet yet).

If anyone knows the piece I'm talking about and has an extra, I'd like to buy it.  It's about 2 inches long and about ½ an inch wide, bare metal, with a hole in one end that bolts to the seat track itself.  It may support the seat when it is in the forward facing position.  It must do something, or why else would they put it there?

I bet John Hertog knows what it is.

John