From: <2HsandaHeritage@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Jess Miklas" <jpmiklas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 10:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300H interior dye

> Jeff, I just received a spray can of vinyl dye from Tower Paint that
appears to be correct for H interiors.  Ken Wilson sent them an arm rest for
color matching and I was able to duplicate his order. I have cleaned and
preped an old dark brown arm rest and the first coat looks to be correct but
needs a second coat to completely cover the old dark brown. I cleaned it
with dishwashing detergent and "preped" it with acetone which I hesitate to
use on my H door panels and console covers. I think that I will contact John
Hertogs source for cleaning and prep materials. Tower paint can be reached
at 1-800-779-6520 or 920-235-6520 and they are always very helpful. The
description of the vinyl paint is " DDL-WILSON K- 1 (300H  int. vinyl
saddle)"  Also, for your info, the original dash pad on my 2nd H is a darker
color and does not match the other interior vinly color. Doug Warrener

> From: "Jess Miklas" <jpmiklas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Group
>
> I'm working on a 300H with severely sun bleached door panels and dash.
They are in very nice condition otherwise.

> Has anyone ever re-dyed their H interior to a correct color WITH A SPRAY
DYE?
> If so, where did you get the dye, what was the color, and do you know if
it can be purchased in a spray can?

> I've tried a sample of MAR-HYDE "camel" and "brown" and the color is not
correct.

> Thanks for ANY INFO !!
>
> Jeff Miklas - jpmiklas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx