Re: [Chrysler300] Let there be light. Bullseye!

Re: [Chrysler300] Let there be light. Bullseye!

For anyone who is going to add Halogen lights to their 6 volt car, I have
fused relay kits that remove the high current load from the cars lighting
system components.  Contact me off line if you need more information.
Thes kits can be easily hidden from view.

Minnesota Marshall.

There are kits for installing 6v quartz-halogen bulbs rated at 55 Watts
into
old bulb and reflector systems. This will bring the raw light output up
modern standards. The reflector needs to be modified for the bulb to fit.
And the stock electrical system cannot support the 25 amp load these
lamps
would draw without significant modifications: The 20 amp ammeter must be
bypassed for the lighting circuit. The headlight switch is also under
designed for this load. Probably the best bet would be to install relays
close to the lamps and to separately fuse the power feed from the battery
these relays.
The stock generator will not deliver more than 15 Amps on a continuous
basis, so it would need to be replaced with a higher output unit.
Probably a
single wire 6 volt alternator would be needed.
These modifications cannot be easily hidden and so will detract from the
original appearance of the car once the hood is opened.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: