[Chrysler300] Fwd: Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance club invitation

[Chrysler300] Fwd: Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance club invitation

OK folks, I need to know two things. Is anybody interested in
participating in this and does anyone in the area who is going, want to
handle the tickets.
That would be easier I think, but if not, I can take care of ordering
for and forwarding the tickets to those members wanting to go.
I'll need to know by June 1 if you want to attend.
Email me your intentions, and when I have at least 10, I'll ask for the
money.
I'll let y'all know when we're past the minimum, and all requests after
that will need to be sent with your $20, per person.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Block, Jon" <jwblock@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: April 16, 2007 11:40:38 AM CDT
> To: <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance club invitation
>

> The Chrysler 300 Club Is Invited to Enjoy Preferred-Club Parking at
> the Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance, Sunday, August 5, 2007!
>

> Dear Ray:
>
> We are extending a special offer to clubs to participate in the 29th
> annual Meadow Brook Concours d?Elegance.  Details include:
>
> 	? 	Preferred Club-only parking for all of your club members who wish
> to participate with club vehicles.  You will all park together very
> close to the Concours d?Elegance, and we will provide signage
> identifying your club to the general public.
>
> 	? 	We will allow you to purchase tickets in advance at a special car
> club only rate of $20/person, including parking and Program Book.
> General Admission to the Concours will be $25/person.
>
> 	? 	We ask that you send payment for a minimum of 10 tickets and also
> indicate the number of club parking spaces you will need by no later
> than June 15, 2007.  As there has already been a large demand for
> preferred parking close to the Concours d?Elegance, this will insure
> that your club will have a great location.
>
> 	? 	Because of Oakland University regulations, your individual club
> will not be allowed to sell food or merchandise.  Your club certainly
> may bring food and non-alcoholic beverages for consumption within your
> preferred Club parking area.  Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on
> Oakland University property. We hope you have a great tailgate party!
>
> It is our intent to appropriately provide a pleasant environment for
> your club, so that your members can enjoy a great day at one of the
> grandest, largest Concours d?Elegance in North America.  Your members
> will be able to go back and forth from the Concours to your Preferred
> Club parking area.  Your club will get exposure from the general
> public, many of whom will be walking by your club parking area!
>
> If you have any questions, please contact our committee members:
> Bram Over, bramover@xxxxxxxxx
> Jon Block, jwblock@xxxxxxxxx
>
> This special offer will make it possible for your club members to see
> 300 of the most stunning automobiles and motorcycles in the world, at
> a discounted price, all for the preservation of Meadow Brook Hall!  We
> hope that you can commit to the Concours d?Elegance, place it on your
> calendar of events, and have a great day with your club!
>
> Sincerely,
> Meadow Brook Concours d?Elegance

I questioned to fee and here is his answer:
Dear Ray:
Thanks for your email and questions.  Tickets for the Concours
d?Elegance in 2006 were $40/person (children free).  We have changed
the admission price in 2007 to $25/person (children free)?and tickets
purchased by car clubs in advance are further discounted to
$20/person.  Your note about $40/couple is then correct.  We are
including program books at this price as well.  All clubs will be
provided with a banner/sign with their name and logo which we will
place in front of your club parking area, so that the general public
will be able to understand which club is where.  Parking passes will
also be provided.  These passes are intended only for ?club cars,? and
not daily drivers, fyi.  Clubs will be able to distribute information
about their club, future activities, etc as they wish.  They will also
be able to bring in food and beverages (picnic) for their club members
(not for resale).  Lawn chairs of course are fine.  With their
credentials, and being parked adjacent to the Concours field, they will
be able to go back and forth as they wish. We intend to have ?marshals?
available during the day to specifically watch club areas while those
members are on the Concours field.
I hope that this helps.  We really want to do everything we can so that
the club members have a great time.  Please let me know if you need any
additional information.
Sincerely,
Jon

> Jon W. Block, AIA