Re: [Chrysler300] Whistle while you work

Re: [Chrysler300] Whistle while you work

In a message dated 5/2/2007 8:24:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lmbarrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Greetings one and all.

Big Yellow has developed a whistle of  some sort, which appears to be
emanating from the back, center part of the  engine compartment.

The noise begins to occur when warmed up, at fast  idle, before it is kicked
down. It will increase tonally (to a higher  pitch), with engine speed up to
about 3000 rpm, when it will disappear. It  will then return as the RPMs
drop, decreasing tonally, when approaching  idle again.

I am not sure if the whistle is from pressure or suction,  but my guess is
pressure. I have not noticed any leaks. It is fairly loud  and can easily be
heard through a closed hood.

Any ideas out there  in 300 land?

Thanks!

Louis M. Barrie
West Hills, CA
Home  of Big Yellow

I am not sure of the problem, but I believe that I would check the
distributor vacuum advance circuit for leaks.  The noise you describe seems  to be
reminiscent of the vacuum advance curve coming from/produced by the  carburetor.

Joe  Savard
Lake Orion, Michigan

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: