RE: [Chrysler300] Specs for a 300G

 John,

Wow, you got me nervous so I went out to the garage to confirm my cars. I found that the white coupe does have unpainted latches, but painted strikers. I then confirmed with the pre-disassembly pictures that these were unpainted. I don't remember there being paint work around the doors or B-pillars, but who knows after almost 40 years (I bought the car in 2000).

The G convertible (black) does have painted latches and strikers.

So, it appears as though I may have done the white car wrong. Oh well, it's a beater. Sorry for the misinformation.

Richard Osborne

>>> "John J. Hertog" <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 05/08/07 10:33 am >>>
Hi Art,

I appreciate your desire to improve your 300G  and to keep it "correct" at
the same time.  Art, are you aware that there is a model- year consultant for
the '61? That is Don Verity  :  d.verity@xxxxxxx   .  You ought to e- mail
him with any specific restoration / correctness questions.

Also, on our Club web site, under "tech department", you will find a link to
"reference" pictures taken of Steve Albu's ulta low mileage, unrestored
300F.  Here's a hyperlink:
http://www.chrysler300club.com/reference/300f/main.html   . Andy Mikonis
also took many rolls of film of an original , 71 original mile 300G hardtop
but these have not been uploaded to a web page.

Both the "Steve Albu" 300F and the "71 mile" 300G are white hardtops.  Both
have strikers AND latches painted body color.

John Hertog

Sag Harbor NY