RE: [Chrysler300] Is this Progress getting the G of the Road

RE: [Chrysler300] Is this Progress getting the G of the Road

Lauren,

Most likely your heater control valve is leaking.  As mentioned, this valve
is rebuildable, I have done it and it is not terribly difficult.  The valve
will have to be removed, there is a screw accessible from the engine
compartment that goes through the firewall that holds it in place.  You will
find it between the heater hoses on the firewall if I remember correctly.
The valve will have the cable for temp adjustment attached, so that will
have to come off too.  I don't remember it being too difficult, but it may
be necessary to remove the glove box liner to gain better access.  If the
leak does happen to be the heater core (which I doubt), you can remove the
core without removing the rams, so it is not a major job. Cover your carpet
well when removing the valve as more coolant will invariably come out with
it.

If your car has AC, the job will most likely be more difficult.

Bob J

  _____