[Chrysler300] On the Subject of Door Locks

[Chrysler300] On the Subject of Door Locks

When I had bought my car someone had changed the ignition switch so
my car had a separate key for the doors and the ignition. I always
had plans on resolving the situation, because it's always annoying to
have to constantly look down at you keys to make sure you have the
right one and still get it wrong. Today I finished installing my
remote keyless entry. When I had my doors apart for paint, must of
been a year ago, I installed actuators connected to the bar coming
off the door key barrel and screwed to the inside door sheet-metal
(completely covered by the interior panel). I have been using the key
to lock the car for the last year, so they don't interfere with
standard locking. I did the wiring today and was able to hide the
unit above the glove box. Came with 8000 wires, I only used four, I
don't want flashing lights, honking horns, or toast made with a push
of the button. Now I don't have to wait for my wife to get out of the
car to push the handle forward and hope that the door is locked. I
might put the door key in the trunk just for emergencies, but I
realize when I'm on a date with my wife I still need to go to her
door and unlock it by hand. One must have impeccable manners when
driving a 300.

Sean Duggan
Los Angeles

Yahoo! Groups Links