Re: [Chrysler300] How the K car is related to a current 300C

Re: [Chrysler300] How the K car is related to a current 300C

Hi All:
Thank you Bob.  Some seem to have forgotten the importance of the K  car.  I
worked in Product Engineering at the Jefferson plant at that time,  and
believe me, we were all well aware of the importance of our efforts there to  the
future of Chrysler.  If the K car launch at Jeff was not successful,  there
would likely be no Chrysler.  Relients and Aries may not have been  the best cars
on the planet, but they were far from the worst!  We still  have our '81
Relient SE 2 door with 4 speed.  With gas prices as they are,  maybe we should
think about reactivating it!
Working in the plant that gave "Birth" to all our 300s was an added benefit
for me, of course.  Some will recall I arranged a tour of the  facility as one
activity at our 7th Fall meet in October of 1977.  I  felt strongly that 300
owners should get a look inside the facility while "C"  bodies were still
being assembled there. (We switched to Ramchargers/Trail  Dusters and Pickups for
the 1979 Model Year---not the best move ever!)
300ly, Gil

In a message dated 6/11/2007 10:37:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,