RE: [Chrysler300] Buried Belvedere

I was lucky enough to be there for all of the events
and I must say that it was very amazing to see.  I
looked at the vault and it appears that all of the
side walls and floor never cracked.  The only way
water made its way through was the top of the vault,
which they failed to finish out properly.  As for the
car, the way it is is just amazing to see.  When it
was on display for the public it was roped off and
people were 5 deep trying to see it.  I think the car
will end up in a museum and you will be amazed at how
many people want to see it.
Josh Mishler

--- Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Watched it all on the buried car website.  It's hard
> to understand how they
> expected that concrete vault to not allow water in
> for 50 years without any
> way of monitoring it and no sump pump.  Anybody with
> a basement knows about
> water infiltration despite the best efforts to stop
> it.  As far as the car
> cover goes, that thing was worthless unless it was
> completely sealed and
> non-permeable.  They say they are going to leave the
> car just as it is. I'll
> bet that changes once they realize nobody wants to
> look at a rusted hulk.
>
> Bob J
>
>   _____

Yahoo! Groups Links