[Chrysler300] 1957-1958-1959 Full Lower Rear Quarters

[Chrysler300] 1957-1958-1959 Full Lower Rear Quarters

Anyone replying to Ron Waters query re the quality and gauge/thickness of
the metal in the new repo lower quarter sections, can they please include me
in their reply.  A friend who has a 300D Coupe over here in Australia with
hacked out wheelarches needs a pair and maybe/likely has a container leaving
from Eastcoast of US in next few weeks - and I think the company offering
them lists address as Detroit?

If no one has any experience of their new quarter pieces, has anyone used
any of their other stuff, and can report on quality, thickness and
fit/originality.

Any help much appreciated - containers leaving US from Eastcoast prety rare,
as it the long way to here, and it already is pretty far by the more usual
way shorter route,

Christopher in Australia

>From: "Ron Waters" <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"John" <spiers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 1957-1958-1959 Full Lower Rear Quarters &
>fasteners
>Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:49:39 -0400
>

>  Has anyone else gotten quarters from classicparts4u ? How close were the
>wheel well openings compared to the originals. Also, are they 20ga like
>original, or 22ga like the repro panels that the club had fabricated a few
>years ago ?Thus far, I have never seen repro panels that I would use on a
>restoration.
>
>Ron
>
> >   One firm that is not listed on our club is an eBay vendor called
>"classicparts4u".  Here's his latest new part, full lower rear quarters for
>our 57-59 Chryslers: http://tinyurl.com/2va7z6
> > I just ordered a pair for my D, and hopefully they'll arrive by next
>week - I bought them outside of eBay, and the pair were just under $400
>including shipping.  I will hold judgement on their quality until I see 'em
>and see what my body guy thinks of 'em, too.

Join the millions of Australians using Live Search. Try live.com.au
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=740&referral=million&URL=http://live.com.au

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional