Re: [Chrysler300] FFI's torsion bars.

I spoke to Dick at FFI at the Spring Fling in Van  Nuys and they tell me the
bars are about 30 days out.  The specs they have  given don't quite coincide
with the AMA specs I have for the OEM bars in  different diameters but perhaps
that's due to a difference in material.

    Anyone who is seriously interested e-mail me in  about a month and I'll
let you know how they are. I can attest from personal  experience autocrossing
my 70 Charger 20 years ago that the change to  heavier torsion bars made a
world of difference in how the car handled. The  stock R/T bars were rated about
120lbs at .92 diameter and I replaced them with  a custom made set that was
rated at 245lbs at 1.080.

    The 3900lb B-body firmed up incredibly without any  harshness. I'm
planning on about 350lb bars for my 4300lb 300K figuring the  extra stout bars may
be offset with the added weight of crossrams, air  conditioning and those huge
cast iron headers that my Charger didn't have to  contend with.

Mike Laiserin
Phoenix, Az

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: