RE: [Chrysler300] 58 New Yorker Convertible

RE: [Chrysler300] 58 New Yorker Convertible

Hey Zak,

The San Diego Collection has been hawking this car for quite some time.
I spoke to the guy as well a few months ago.  The car is an original but
very nice driver quality car and will need restoration to be a show car.
$175K struck me as obscenely high as well...even if there are only 15 or
so out there.  I think our beloved letter cars (the 300D for example) is
a far superior car.

Steve Estok used a term a couple years back:  There is a [posterior] for
every seat..

A couple of miscellaneous ramblings:

Item 1: At the risk of getting in hot water with the compliance
committee, there is a great article on a '57 Dodge D-500 in this week's
Old Cars Weekly.  The car is a 15K original mile two owner car from new
and will be at Iola for anyone going.  I am going to try to get them to
do a follow up feature on the incredibly rare '58 Super D-500 (The dual
quad version of the D-500).

Item 2: Also at Iola, 20 cars will be for sale out of an estate of a
well known letter car collector.  These cars are not letter cars but all
pretty neat Chrysler products from the late 1950's and early 1960's.
They also have 25 finned convertible Chrysler cars that are going to be
sold at a future auction including letter cars.  Stay tuned.

Happy Motoring.

JL