[Chrysler300] 57 C power window regulator drivers side

[Chrysler300] 57 C power window regulator drivers side

Hi folks,

Looking for a little help/advice here.

I had some exhaust work done on my C today, and the helpful people at the shop (they really did a great job on the exhaust!) decided to leave my car outside after they were done working on it, so they closed my power windows for me to keep dust from the parking lot from getting in the interior.

Unfortunately, when I went to pick up the car, the drivers' side window wouldn't go down, but just made nasty growling noises.

After I got it home and removed the door panel (something I hoped I'd never have to do again, remembering what a pain it was to put on with the door handle mechanism and power window switch, etc.) I found to my dismay that there isn't much left of the flange that the power window motor mounts to, so it had come loose and was hanging in the door by the grounding strap.

I could try and mickey mouse something with large washers, etc., but I thought I'd ask for some advice.

I'm not looking forward to removing the window and regulator mechanism (as that, too was a real pain to put back together after the car was painted).

Any recommendations or suggestions appreciated.

Also, I think I lunched a speedometer cable on the way back as well, as the needle fell to zero after some not nice noises.

I spun the shaft on the back of the speedometer with a drill, and it moves up in mph very smoothly, so I don't think it's the gauge.

I haven't pulled the cable out of the sheath yet, as I'm afraid of yet something else falling apart.

It was definitely a 1 step forward, 2 steps back kind of day.

John

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional