From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dave Geise
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 6:39 PM
To: Chrysler300
Subject: [Chrysler300] 57 392 Water Pump

Hi To All
     When repairing a 392 water pump, the FSM tells you to break away
the plastic impeller allowing access to the seal. Further, a note states
that it is not necessary to remove the shaft and bearing to fix a
leaking pump.  Upon removing my  pump for a leak, I found a cast
impeller.  The alternate procedure not spelled out in the FSM is as
follows.  Some of you may already know this but some may not.  As the
impeller is not strong enough to use a puller, snake a cutting torch in
the weep hole and cut thru the shaft. This will allow the impeller to
fall away.  The shaft pieces can then be pressed out of their respective
bores.  All you need then is a new shaft, bearing and seal retaining the
old impeller. Don't know what percentage of pumps have plastic vs. cast
impellers.

                Best Regards,
                Dave Geise   57C in NJ

For list server instructions, go to