RE: [Chrysler300] Sudden Electrical Losses

RE: [Chrysler300] Sudden Electrical Losses

Michael:

I can only offer generic thoughts, but my 1955 has a small, bare flexible
cable connected from the right rear of the block to the firewall.  I think
this is fairly common.

Checking for a bad ground should be easy with one end of a jumper cable
connected to the ground terminal of the battery and the other to a good bolt
head on the body or frame.  If this instantly restores the system, perhaps
you do need an engine-to-chassis ground cable.

I believe there may be a firewall plug connector for everything in the dash.
These are often referred to as problem areas, necessitating removal,
cleaning and packing with conductive grease.

And, of course, removing each battery cable connection and cleaning the
cable ID and battery OD always makes sense.  Corrosion is not always evident
from the outside, but is often present.  After cleaning, purchasing and
inserting the little red and green felt washers with anti-corrosion
chemistry under the connections makes sense, as does coating the cable
connections with grease or special protective spray to prevent further
corrosion.

The battery may also be on its last leg and due for replacement.

MoPa'r to ya,

C-300'ly
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 Chrysler C-300 (6-Volts-positive ground)