Re: [Chrysler300] Collector car insurance

Re: [Chrysler300] Collector car insurance

Hi All,

I learned that Hagerty and Allstate are tied at the hip.
My Hagerty policy is underwritten by: Encompass Independent Ins. Co located in Northbrook, IL.
This is the same town as the Allstate headquarters and it turns out that Allstate is affiliated with Encompass.
I think that independent Allstate agents can quote rates now based on this arrangement.

www.hagerty.com

One other thing to note is that Hagerty does not offer high liability coverage.
For Example
A. Bodily Injury & Prp Damage: $500,000 per accident
B. Medical Payments: $5000 per person/per accident
C. Uninsured Motorists Bodily Injury: $300,000 per accident
D.  Underinsured Motorists Bodily Injury: $300,000 per Accident

These are the max. amount that can be taken as I understand it and they are lower than the max offered by Allstate.

I think the best thing to do is get an umbrella liability policy for all your vehicles from another insurance company(maybe up to $1 million) and make sure the Chrysler 300 is put on the umbrella policy.

If anyone has a different interpretation of this, let us know.

By the way, Hagerty sent my renewal in April and suggested that I increase the insured value of my car from $15,000 to $17,000, based on current market price conditions.  I took them up on their offer and my policy is only $194 for a full year, not 6 months like Allstate's term.  They are fairly open to increased replacement costs as long as the owner can justify them.

Mark Lindahl
'63 300 Conv.