Re: [Chrysler300] Warning to F and G owners

Re: [Chrysler300] Warning to F and G owners

Well, you're not the first one. From Burt Bouwkamp's
recent speech at our club meet, regarding the 1961
Flying Mile at Daytona Beach:

"Gregg Ziegler finished first at 143 MPH but 300G?s
would have finished 1, 2, 3 and 4 however windshield
moldings blew off three of the cars and they were
disqualified. You have to finish the run with all the
parts."

Don't forget, he fastest G went 145.9 mph, a mile
faster than the winning F the year before. So, take
that, F guys!

Andy
Chicago, just sittin' here finishing the club news.

P.S. Makes me wonder how fast you were going, Richard!

--- Richard Osborne <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Went to a local car show this weekend with good
> friend Tom Miller. I took the white G and Tom took
> his C. Both of our young sons got to come home with
> trophies, so that was exciting.
>
> On the way home, we experienced some "spirited"
> driving. About halfway home, and at a somewhat
> accelerated rate of speed, I heard a "pop"and then
> some strange beating noise. I let off as my first
> thought was that a tire was disintegrating. After
> coasting for a while, I determined that the tire was
> O.K. and commenced hammering again.
>
> When I got home, I learned that the noise was from
> the upper windshield molding. The right side screw
> had popped out and the trim swung around pivoting on
> the left side screw. It scratched up the roof a
> little, but at least it didn't fly off. I think it
> can be reused.
>
> So, I noticed the last couple of times I washed the
> car that I had to push the trim back down, I just
> didn't pay attention to the true cause. Probably
> could have avoided another trip to the body shop if
> I had "listened" to the car better before this
> happened.
>
> I know this is a problem that goes way back. My dad
> tells me it happened on the new cars he was selling.
>

> Just a word of warning if you tend to beat on them a
> little (or a lot).
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> Richard Osborne

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC