RE: [Chrysler300] Re: A Question About Parts Cars

I remember seeing an old car value guide not long ago that showed a 1955 NYer convertible valued higher than a 1955 C300.

________________________________

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kenny Cassady
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:32 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Re: A Question About Parts Cars

Hello all,

To Josh's point, in case you didn't see it, a 1960 New Yorker convertible
sold on ebay in September 2006 for $40,200. How many of those have you
seen? I've never actually seen one in person. Not only was it rare to
begin with, at 556 built, but this one had every single option available
(that I could think of). I believe it was black with red leather interior.
I never saw the car in person, but I'm told it had some rust issues, and was
a little tired, so was basically an excellent candidate for restoration.

Point being, is a '60 New Yorker convertible that needs restoration selling
for over $40k a sign of the value of (some) New Yorkers catching up to that
of the 300's. Will they ever be worth as much as a 300?

One thing is for sure, I wish I had a fist full of money and could find the
person who bought that New Yorker! Anybody know who that was?

Happy motoring,
Kenny Cassady
Oakland, CA
1961 300G