Re: FOLLOWUP: 300C Hauls A** was: Re: [Chrysler300] Warning to F and G

Re: FOLLOWUP: 300C Hauls A** was: Re: [Chrysler300] Warning to F and G owners

I think I can sum this one up quickly.   Which tee shirt would you rather wear?

YEAH, IT'S GOT A HEMI

or

YEAH, IT'S GOT A WEDGI

<double grin!>

TFM
'57 300C (with all parts intact.....)

>>> Richard Osborne 9/27/2007 9:01 AM >>>
Oh Boy,

I see my friend waited until I am bouncing around the country to post something about C vs. G.

As far as staying to the right is concerned, the G was in the right lane....and still pulling away from the C.

I think it is widely accepted that the C was a nice practice run for the ultimate letter car, the G. Let's face it, the 392 was a cute engine, but it can't compare to the engnieering prowess of a ram inducted 413.

Have a great day!

Richard Osborne

>>> Thomas Miller  >>>
Ok,

As the other party affiliated with the (Ahhem) "sprited" driving that started this thread, I can tell you that my 300C produced in March of '57 does indeed have a screw affixed at either end of its upper windshield modling.  The molding itself appears to have been stamped to mate with the pan head type screws that are currently there.

I'll also report that nothing at all flew off of the car at 125MPH+  <grin>.  So, please would all of you F & G owners stay to the right when you see a  C, D or E closing in your rear view mirror.....   <BIGGER GRIN!>

Take care everybody.

TFM

>>> "rob kern" <robkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 9/24/2007 10:50:15 PM >>>
Pete, et al,
    Very interesting info. regarding the windshield upper molding.  Recently (at the Lawton Meet) it was pointed out to me that the upper windshield stainless molding on my C was perhaps incorrectly mounted since the ends were affixed wirh screws. Was this a modification made by a previous owner during restoration without the proper clips?  Could this been from the factory since my C was a late August '57 car and there was a shortage of clips and this was the factory remedy to just get the car shipped to the dealer? Or could this have been out of necessity after one flying off at any speed? An interesting validation car was the '57 DeSoto Adventurer hardtop seen this summer at '57 Heaven in Branson, MO.  It had an identicle screw arrangement at the corners of the upper windshield molding that I have!  See you in Springfield!  ROB KERN