[Chrysler300] moulding fasteners and warning re silicone

[Chrysler300] moulding fasteners and warning re silicone

Re the mention of possibly using silicone - silicone is apparently not good to use anywhere where it will be near/againsy metal, even if metal is painted.  I do not know what it is with silicone, but I seem to remember something in it either attracts or holds water, and/or there is acid or something chemical which gets under or breaks down any paint.

I know anytime one sees say a rear screen that has had silicone used to try and seal it, the rust it hass caused/help is usually shocking if it has been there for a maybe not so many years.

Other members in US may be better able to explain what is in silicone - urethene that comes in similar tubes to silicone is way safer. (But with urethenes it will be stuck way better/harder if you want to rremove it later)

Christopher in Australia where our aussie dollar versus USD is in cents luckily going up about same as oil price in $$$s per barrel. Bloody heck, wish oil wasn't getting so dear - 300s are dear enough to play with getting them on the road again, without gas prices then getting even dearer, and Australia is a pretty big place with not many close together places in it that are just a short drive to get there.

Have a good 300 weekend wherever you are

To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: dvd_dumais@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 06:01:16 -0700Subject: [Chrysler300] moulding fasteners

On the 300 Sport, the upper rear 1/4 moulding clips have had their mounting holes increased in diameter due to the quarter being pulled during rehab at the body shop. From what I see,the clips hold the aluminum backer in place, and the trim snaps onto same clips.I can access the clips mounting "stud" from inside the trunk. Some of the holes are to large for the snug fit needed. So, I need a method of securing the studs. My thought, if I can get all trim assembly to line up, can I use silicon to secure the studs into the metal , or do I need a more aggressive glue, or maybe JB epoxy?Also, does any one have a clue where to find a 64 4/spd speedo gear for a 3:55/1 ratio?Thanks 300K ly Dave in Virginia__________________________________________________Do You Yahoo!?Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

What are you waiting for? Join Lavalife FREE
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30288&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Join_free_OCT07&_m=EXT

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: