Re: [Chrysler300] 300J starting problem

Might want to put a load test on the battery, could have an internal
open.  Do you have headlights?  How about the battery
connections?  Take them off and check for corrosion or
looseness.  Check the engine ground.  Check the connection to the
starter relay.  The ballast resister shouldn't have any effect on any
problem you mentioned, including starting.  After the engine starts,
if the ballast is bad, it will immediately die when you let go of the
starter switch.

Don't know if the J is like the older cars, they had circuit breakers
instead of a fuse box, might check that out.  You need a multimeter
to find out how far along the circuit you have voltage and where it stops.

Bill Huff

At 11/16/200708:09 PM, Rick Ehrmann wrote:
>Hello friends - tonight I tried to start my J for the first time in
>a month. It cranked fine for a while. Then all of a sudden there was
>nothing at all - no cranking, no interior light, no power to the
>windows, no electricity. The battery is charged and fine. I checked
>the ballast resister and found the coiled filament to be broken into
>two pieces. I replaced the ballast resister with my spare. There
>still was no electricity getting to the starter or anywhere else.
>Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
>Rick Ehrmann

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to