[Chrysler300] Auxiliary Fuel Pump Cold Starting

[Chrysler300] Auxiliary Fuel Pump Cold Starting

Hello 300'ly to all!
    I purchased an electric auxiliary fuel pump in the spring of 2005 for my C from club member and director, C-300 & B technical consultant, nice guy, and great friend John Lazenby for just under $40 (including shipping). We installed it under the frame rail just forward of the passenger side rear wheel housing on a rubber fabricated shock mount with an aluminum custom made stone shield.  The power is wired into the ignition via a toggle switch mounted to the left of the power antenna toggle switch. This way it will receive power only when the ignition is on and the switch is flipped to the on position.  After sitting for 2 weeks I turned the switch on and let the unit run for about 5 seconds (until the loud clicking of the motor subsided) and then cranked the engine with instant start-up!  Then I just flipped the switch to off and I was on my way.  Very simple and reliable and barely noticeable switch location.  I have installed a third toggle switch identical to the other two to the right of the power antenna switch to provide manual control to my 1100 cubic feet/minute condenser fan to serve as a parade fan/auxiliary cooling fan should I need it when not driving with the A/C condenser engaged (which is wired to automatically run when the A/C is in operation). Now the other two factors that may play a role in easy cold starting on my C is the RoadRunner high-torque 392 starter that I had installed (580 ft. lbs. torque or lbs. ft. for whatever engineering term is now in vogue) and running a 50/50 110/91 (both unleaded pump gas) octane fuel mix.  ROB KERN

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: