[Chrysler300] C-300 electricals and driver down for suspension overhaul

[Chrysler300] C-300 electricals and driver down for suspension overhaul

The 6-Volt electric fuel pump for our 1955 C-300 was obtained from Car Quest
and installed high up on the driver's side frame rail and connected to the
ST terminal of the starter switch with an inline fuse and a push to operate
button.  Drop the Granny Impaler to D, push the button, turn the key and
listen as the fuel pump fills the bowls.  One pump, crank and go.  Works
great every time.  I added a second in line fuse and circuit to the IGN
terminal to the pump side of the push button switch and removed the fuse.
Inserting the fuse will enable continuous operation of the fuel pump if the
mechanical pump fails and when making high speed runs on the salt flats (I
wish).

Then the starter relay went south when a fine wire parted inside.  I found a
four pole 6-Volt F**D tractor relay at NAPA and adapted it to my cables and
wiring.  It works great until I can find a surgeon to rejoin the fine magnet
wire inside my two OEM starter relays.

I'll be off line for a while due to hip replacement surgery tomorrow.  Keep
up the chatter and I'll catch up when I get back on line.  Personal notes
can be sent to c300@xxxxxxxx

C-300'ly

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA

Soon to get a chrome nickel titanium ball joint and a poly socket.
Sealed-no zerk.  Got nearly 70 years on the first one.  Must have wore out
the right hip pumping gas pedals and trying to stop the mighty C-300 with
the wimpy brakes.  Whoa, Nelly.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional