Re: [Chrysler300] 62 Chrysler 300's converted to 63 Dodge 880's

Re: [Chrysler300] 62 Chrysler 300's converted to 63 Dodge 880's

I think we're talking about '62 Dodge 880s not '63 - I
had one. The rear end is same as '62 Chrysler, the
dash and front end is '61 Dodge. My understanding is
when '62 Dodges were downsized, the dealers complained
because they had no full-size offering, so the 880 was
brought in mid-year. Hence low production numbers.

Ironically, the '62 Chrysler was already evolved from
the '61 Dodge. Collectible Automobile did a great
article on this years ago. Look at the rear door on a
'61 Dodge 4-door - the line on the bottom of the door
matches the '62 Chrysler quarter, so that means the
'62 Chrysler quarter was designed to go on the '61
Dodge body. Slap a '61 Chrysler front end, and a '61
Chrysler dash on there and voila!

So yeah, your 300H is really a Dodge, short wheelbase
and all.

Sounds like a good article for the 300H feature!

Andy

Be a better friend, newshound, and

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: