[Chrysler300] did California previously smog comply all new rego older v

[Chrysler300] did California previously smog comply all new rego older vehicles?

Club site discussion has just covered some 300s that seem to have had PCVs - with discussion as to how or when that occurred.

As some may know, a friend of mine imports 50s-60s cars from the US, and on occasions I take a look at some, and quite often the registration papers are still in glovebox, on back of visor, or elsewhere pretty easy to see/get.  And what I seem to remember is some California registered cars with rego papers circa period mid-late 70s, you can find/see smog test paperwork that is/was obviously part of registration requirement/law??

Anyone know any thing more - maybe some California 300s that now have PCVs, were fitted in this period?  Virtually every car I remember with this emissions paperwork, had aircleaner drilled at top so a pcv valve could be connected up to this.

Christopher in Australia

ps re slow rear power windows in 300Cs -both of my power window 300Cs have slow rears, yet fronts still work fine -can anyone say it is definitely the motors, rather than the rears have more complicated ways of going up and down, and it is that that seizes up, not the motors?  I have avoided fixing my rears for years (by leaving them down most times), but they next on my list of 300C 'to dos'

Cooler weather here now - nearly need a jumper outside tonight

To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: c300@xxxxxxxxxxx: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 21:17:20 -0700Subject: [Chrysler300] California proposes to smog test pre '76 vehicles

California Chrysler 300 owners, please check out this little bit of badnews. For whom the bell tolls...http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62398 C-300'ly,Rich BarberBrentwood, CA

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional