[Chrysler300] H carbs

Here is a question for carb experts.

I'm working on a set of H carbs and noticed that on both the front and rear carbs, the accelerator pump spring retainer is different than I am used to. Usually I find the retainer is slotted and goes in the pump shaft compressing the spring about half way, but on both of these carbs the retainer is a full collar and when installed the spring goes all the way from the pump cup to the underside of the carb air horn top.

http://www.chrysler300club.com/rcmstuff/c/62.html shows the original piece and the standard replacement.

I did a test installation using the original spring retainer and found with the links attached from the pump to the throttle, the way this original spring retainer loads the assembly it causes the throttle blades to open. I decided this would be an unsafe situation should a  the throttle return spring ever break, so I installed the mid-shaft retainer.

Anyone have any opinions? Anyone ever see this on a ram carb?

Bob

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: