  From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Rich Barber
  Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 12:10 PM
  To: 'hmpirish'; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] '56 300B lower Grill molding

  Is this piece the same on 1955 C-300's and 1956 300B?

  Several members advised me that the rear window on my C-300 could not be
  delaminated since it was single piece of glass. Inspection confirmed the
  apparent delamination was stubborn old crud from the rubber molding. I did
  a little survey of the glass in the C-300 and found the following. Some of
  the little numbers were hard to read. Any corrective editing appreciated.

  Front windshield: PPG-SOLEX-DUPLATE AS1 35
  Both vent windows: PPG-SOLEX-HERCULITE AS2 9 64
  Driver's door: PPG-SOLEX-DUOLITE AS2 9 1 (?)
  Passenger's door: LOF-SAFETY E-Z EYE-AS2 CCX LAMINATED
  LR quarter: PPG-SOLEX-HERCULITE-AS2 9 16
  RR quarter: PPG-SOLEX-HERCULITE-AS2 6 25
  Rear window: PPG-SOLEX-HERCULITE-AS2 4 25

  It appears the windshield and door glass are laminated while the vent,
  quarter and back windows are not. That makes sense from a safety
  standpoint. Apparently the passenger's side glass was replaced at some
time
  in our car. AS1 and AS2 look like some standard--American Standard? I
  would like to replace the passenger door glass with a PPG Solex piece if
  anyone has an extra.

  My wife got T-boned on the driver's side of our 1967 Plymouth and I think
  that glass was crumbly, not laminated. She got quite a bit of that
  shattered safety glass in the side of her face. Laminated might have been
  better.

  C-300'ly,
  Rich barber
  Brentwood, CA