OPPS!!! Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Oval Air Filters

OPPS!!! Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Oval Air Filters

 Forgot to mention,  ALSO the act of letting the hood drop the last several feet (or inches) just might cause enough sheetmetal bounce of the hood to smack that close to the air-cleaner housing.

--
Paul Holmgren

  -------------- Original message from paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: --------------

>  -------------- Original message from nicholasadamo@xxxxxxx: --------------

> > OK, Fern. Hmmm, well sorry if I led anyone astray with this! Thought I was
> being
> > helpful. Would there be anything wrong with running those WIX fitlers if they
> > are the proper oval shape but an inch or so too tall?? As long as they'd fit
> > under the hood.......
>

>  VERY POSSIBLY A PROBLEM!!!
>
> I say this BECAUSE!!!!!
>
> I have seen more then one 57-59 300 AND some NewYorkers with little dimples in
> the hood caused by the carb mounting stud for the air-cleaner poking the hood
> from underneath, a possible reason was bad motor-mounts letting the motor rise
> just a little to much on aggressive acceleration.  One can infer that there isnt
> all that much room there.
> The trick of using a lump of modeling clay to test clearances here might be in
> order.

> --
> Paul Holmgren

<*> Your email settings: