Re: [Chrysler300] 413 Ram Air Filters

  WIX boxes filters for Carquest and NAPA. Each have their own part numbering system. I have found the top of the line 'WIX' filters to be of at least OE quality and the second down line to be more like say the competitive Fram product line and I do not use either. And, BTW, I have fixed  carburetion/running problems by replacing virtually brand new 'cheapy line' Fram air filters with OE elements. I definately have not gone back to see if they have improved the line.

  The purpose of an engine air filter is to keep dirt out. A lot can be learned about air filters and how well the different brands work with a little time spent searching on the internet. What to look for are test programs/results looking at filter performance where the tests are not funded by a filter manufacturer.

  Diesels in light duty vehicles come into our shop on a regular basis. A diesel engine runs at 100% volumetric efficiency at idle and with boost under load that number gets whole number multiplied. What does not work in the intake of an inheirently high pumping diesel (or a spark ignition engine either) to keep dirt out are any of the washable element air filters. Every one I have ever seen in service has had dirt residue in the intake system after the filter and I find that to be unacceptable. Dig around on the net. Engine air intake systems are designed to work with some intake pressure drop that is necessary for effective air filter performance.

  Warren Anderson
  Sedona,AZ

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional