Re: [Chrysler300] New Newsflite

To all the complainers:
Maybe I can shed some light  on this.
I've been a member of this fine club for over 30 years. For most of
those  30 years, both the 300 Club News and the NewsFlite were edited
by our beloved Eleanor.  For the last 4 years or so, Andy Mikonis has
done a fine job, under great pressure. Most of the pressure comes from
a big lack of cooperation from the members, no contributions! Andy
literly begs for input every issue and has to dig up older,  rerun
stories sometimes to fill the Club News issue. Sad!  We have 1000
members and he can't get any to send in their story!
The Newsflite has mostly been a repeat. Every 3 years, it starts over
again with old Magazine articles, the next "Letter" each issue. The
only "New" stuff is some of the Ads and Meet info.
Charlie has pitched in to help with the Newsflite and may take some
time settling into the job. I'm sure he's seen these emails and, if he
doesn't throw up his hands,  will write some interesting stories about
our Brutes. he has lots to contribute and has good writing skills as
proven by the F.I. article.

Now to the part that makes me mad. Some of the complainers I don't
think I've seen on the list before. But I'd bet that damn near all of
them (not to mention most ALL of you) have never sent in a story about
their car and how it came to be in their care. And that's after many
requests. If you have a "G" and Andy is asking for "D" stories, sit
down and tell us about your "G", were (and who) it came from, what
you've done and how and so on. Send it in, tonight!  Andy can hold it
until he needs it.
And for those that say Charlie needs to get better writing skills, YOU
write something and sent it in, it just might get printed.

As to why it " why it looks as bad as it does.", What that supposed to
mean? This is an in-between issue to balance the Club News (now with
some color) which is only quarterly. It was never meant to be more than
a flyer, so the ads would get out sooner, with a  little Editorial
content.

Don't sit there complaining about what  comes in the mail if you don't
help.

I thought it was interesting, this club is about more than the cars,
it's about the people,
Ray in Mena