[Chrysler300] Shell Answer-Man

From:   <AskShell@xxxxxxxxx>
To:   <paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Subject:   RE: Rotella Ask Our Expert: Lubricant PropertiesDate:   Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:04:30 +0000

Paul, Rotella T with Triple Protection 15W-40 CJ-4 has approximately 1200 ppm

zinc anti-wear. This is 50% more zinc than current passenger car motor oils (API
SM/ILSAC GF-4) which contain approximately 800 ppm zinc. Passenger car motor
oils had approximately 1200 ppm zinc prior to 2001. In 2001 the zinc was reduced
to 1000 ppm and in 2005 reduced again to the current 800 ppm.

Thus, the new Rotella T with Triple Protection 15W-40 CJ-4 has the same zinc
content that passenger car motor oils had in 2000 before the current problems
with flat tappet engines began.

Thank you for your interest in Shell products.

Richard Moore
Staff Engineer
Shell Global Solutions (US) Inc.
Westhollow Technology Center, PO Box 4327, Houston, TX 77210, United States of
America
800-231-6950