[Chrysler300] Dual master cylinder and disc brakes

[Chrysler300] Dual master cylinder and disc brakes

Hi all;

Several years ago I installed disc brakes on my F.  I designed a bracket so I
could use pin-type calipers from a 1971 Plymouth.  I used a master cylinder
from a 1969 Barracuda.  It has a 1" bore and fits nicely between the firewall
and the ram manifold.  It has a bolt on top to secure the cover but still
requires a bit of exertion to remove it.  With the separate circuits for front and
rear brakes, the 1" bore actually provides more fluid per wheel than the old
single 1-1/8' bore master cyllinder that served all 4 wheels.  And, as I've
heard many time over, the old racing guys say that if you want better brakes, go
to a smaller diameter cylinder.  I have had nothing but really good brakes on
my F since converting.

I had to go to 15" wheels with the large rotors and wanted to use the 14" F
wheel covers.  I solved the problem by purchasing some 14" wheels and cutting
out that portion that holds the wheel covers and welding them into the 15"
wheels I had also purchased.  I got this idea from Mike Laiserin.

Unfortunately, articles on both projects, disc brakes and wheels, were
created by and stored on John Hertog's web site which is no longer accessible.
Anyone have copies of them?

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA
300F