[Chrysler300] Fall Meet, 2008 Boothbay Harbor, Maine

[Chrysler300] Fall Meet, 2008 Boothbay Harbor, Maine

Dear Chrysler 300 Club Int'l member,

Please accept this invitation to join our club at Boothbay Harbor,
Maine for the 38th Annual Fall Meet of our club.  The dates are
Wednesday, September 10th to Sunday, September 14th.  We will stay at
the Boothbay Harbor Inn, on the east side of the harbor
(Boothbayharborinn.com).

Staff at the Inn are ready to take your reservation for the four
nights.  We have reserved the entire 60 room hotel so that we can
enjoy it ourselves.  At this time about 25 rooms have already been
reserved.  Many of the rooms with the best views are spoken for--but
if you stay in a less expensive room without a view--well, 10 to 20
paces will give you the view of the Maine coast that you came to see.
Bianca is the manager, and the Inn phone number is 1-800-533-6302.
(If you can be with us for only a couple of nights, please phone Doug
Mayer or Bill Rust for recommendations; the hotel is taking 4 night
commitments only.)

It will be your choice of activities.  One of the days--Thursday or
Friday--we hope that you will take a boat ride.  There are several
that we will recommend when you get there.  Those rides will be
around Boothbay Harbor, or out into the Gulf of Maine to such places
as Damariscove Island or Monhegan, Squirrel Island and Seguin.  You
may choose to take a ferry boat in Casco Bay, or the one from
Rockland to Vinalhaven. Each trip that we recommend will be drop-dead
gorgeous on a fine September day in Maine.

The other day--Friday or Thursday--we recommend a drive in your car.
We will have various local maps available that will guide you along
the Maine coast to some remarkable sights:  Popham Beach, south of
Bath; Pemaquid light, and New Harbor and Round Pond.  Longer trips
might include a day on MDI--Mount Desert Island and Acadia National
Park, with a trip over the new, spectacular Penobscot Narrows
Bridge.  The maps will be the old-fashioned kind, on paper; not the
new GPS thing.

It is likely that you will want to enjoy some fresh seafood.  Red's
Eats in Wiscasset has awfully good lobster Rolls, and Moody's Diner
in Waldoboro has awfully good pies--and world renown beans.  The
beans are available only on Saturday, so we may change the
traditional banquet fare.  You'll probably want to squeeze in some
time for good down east cooking.  Of course there will be a
continental breakfast at the hotel each day to get you started.

If the weather is not quite perfect, there will be things to do as
well.  The Maritime Museum in Bath is exceptional, and then just to
the west of Bath--chiefly for the distaff side of the club--is
Freeport.  It is mis-named, because it is the home of LL Bean and a
raft of outlet retailers; it is anything BUT free!  All that is
within a hour's drive of Boothbay.  The new Coastal Maine Botanical
Gardens at Boothbay  are also quite an attraction; people from as far
away as Rhode Island talk about them!  (MaineGardens.org)

It is possible that we may be able to tour one of the local boatyards
that seriously refit and build boats and ships.  Recently, the
rebuilt "Bounty" was launched from the Boothbay Regional Boatyard.
These places have built rum-runners and rum-chasers, and they are
fascinating.  We have also thought about having some short sessions
on the history of the Maine coast, which is not just all about fish--
but also about politics and the navy.

Saturday's Concours Judging and show will be at the Railway Museum
about 5 miles north of Boothbay on the state highway.  They do have
working trains there, and a number of old cars too.  Of course there
will be a business meeting at some point, and a banquet (at the Inn)
Saturday evening.

Now, if you are still awake after all those words, you are better
than I.  (I fell asleep 3 paragraphs ago!)  Bill Rust and I are happy
to take your questions.  Bill, as you may know, is a happy farmer
from Gorham.

We look forward to being with you in Boothbay Harbor in September.

300L ly,									300J ly,
Doug Mayer								Bill Rust
mobydoug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx			arust@xxxxxxxxxxxx
207 338 6436							207 839 3946