[Chrysler300] Dot 3 versus Dot 4 Brake fluid

[Chrysler300] Dot 3 versus Dot 4 Brake fluid

Hi Group,
As long as we're on brakes now, I've been meaning to ask the group whether there is a significant difference between Dot 3 and Dot 4 fluid other than the temperature boiling point being a little higher for Dot 4.

Of note, is the last bottle of Prestone Dot 3 that I bought a couple weeks ago had "Synthetic" on the label. Does anyone think this is different from before or just a marketing gimmick.

The car (my '61 Newport Hardtop Wagon, AKA the "300W" at the 2002 Rhode Island Meet) still stops OK, although it is not on the road due to being on loan to the AACA Museum in Hershey, PA for their "FINS" display for the next 5 months.

I'm assuming Dot 3 or Dot 4 are interchangeable and both are OK for our 300's and vintage of cars we have. Right?

John Cote
Guilford, CT.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional