[Chrysler300] Re:What's numbers matching

[Chrysler300] Re:What's numbers matching

The most general use of the term "matching numbers" would mean that the engine and transmission are marked with the same sequence number as the chassis VIN number, and the rear axle/differential's date code and casting number corresponds with the vehicle that's being checked.

The above (which would need adaptation to each Letter Car) is an excerpt from  http://classiccars.about.com/od/findingtherightcar/a/nubmatch.htm
and it worth reading that whole page to get some scope of how broad or narrow "matching numbers" can be defined.

Most of us are old enough to remember that if the VIN number printed on the title matched the VIN plate stamped number on the car, that was all we needed to know!  But of course some judging clubs (Nat'l Corvette Restorer's Society comes to mind) in this hobby have taken it to the opposite extreme and had to because of big money fraud cases.  When the factory documentation of how the car was built is available, as it is for our 300s, I don't personally feel it is unreasonable for judges to expect that every code on the IBM card /microfiche record be matched by the equipment on the card and that IS our judging standard.

Wayne G

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: