  From: john begian
  To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2008 8:42 AM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] Brake Switch Problem Solution for Pressure-Type Brake Switch Vehicles

  Hi All---

  For those who are experiencing issues with their brake switches on cars with silicone fluid, I would like to offer this suggestion. It comes from correcting the same issue on a Stude (same type of brake switch) with silicone brake fluid.

  After 2 years, I noticed I could not stand on the brake pedal hard enough to activate the brake lights. Off to auto parts to replace switch. That one lasted one year. Subsequent trips and switches lasted about the same time. One of our club members in Wisconsin found a solution. This member works at a major motorcycle manufacturer located in southern WI.

  Head over to your Harley-Davidson store and get P/N 72023-51D, Brake Light Switch Kit, Rear. This switch has the same thread as is found on the pressure switches (just compared my Stude to my Chrysler and they are the same). H-D has used this switch for several years with silicone brake fluid and has virtually no warranty issues. Switch costs approx $18 (as of July,2007). It comes with some spade connectors since the terminal ends are not the same as the bullet types on the old switch. Make yourself a jumper harness, and voila! Brake lights and you don't need to have a gorilla stand on the pedal to make them work! And it lasts!

  Several Stude members have used this solution to fix the problem, and no complaints. So give it a try if you have the brake light issue.

  Hope this helps someone out there!

  See you in Wisconsin,

  John Begian
  Saline, MI