[Chrysler300] Replacement Blower Motor for 60's Mopars

[Chrysler300] Replacement Blower Motor for 60's Mopars

Hi to all,

A number of years ago, Dave Schwandt wrote an article about his discovery of
a replacement blower motor for his 1960 "F" distributed by Peterbilt Trucks.

It had been used in circa 1984 trucks.

Fasco Heater Motor, #2807-516-039.

Wiring connection is: black to black, red to brown, orange to green.

They can be used in Imperials from 1960-66 and senior Mopars from 1960-64.

The motor no longer distributed by Fasco but the original OEM does still
make it in Canada. To acquire one of these, call your nearest
Kenworth/Peterbilt dealer's parts counter and order a:

Paccar HA1100 blower motor. About $50.00. Mine came in an original Fasco
box.

The studs match up with the second set of holes in the mounting bracket.

Do not ask for the original Fasco number. It no longer computes.

I spent many a call tracking down the new Paccar number.

The motor is a 2 speed CW motor just like our originals. Many people think
they are 3 speed motors, but the lowest third fan setting is accomplished by
a resistor in our wirings or switches.

It has been installed and works perfectly. 3 speeds and all.

Want to also thank Jerry Olson for his advise in replacing the motor without
having to take the center console out. Bless you Jerry!

Regards,
Tony Rinaldi
300-F Conv't

<*> Your email settings: