[Chrysler300] A long shot

Hello,

This is a very long shot but when I asked a few Club members if it was an appropriate email for the listserver they said 'sure'.

Sometime in 1958 my older cousin Jerry Pontious bought a one-year old white 300C convert.  He bought it from a dealer in Toledo, Ohio on Monroe street by the name of Caldwell motors (I think).  They went out of business many years ago.

Jerry traded in the car for a wagon at a car dealer in suburban Toledo in about 1963 when he got married.   He got $150 for the C as I recall even though it was in good shape and was a relativily trouble-free car except for periodic trans work.

Jerry passed away a couple of years but often wondered what had become of the C.  He never was able to find the Vin no. so I could post a more specific message or check the Club registry.

The things the car had that someone might remember included the headlight surrounds being painted red, a white laquer repaint job for the car (by Jerry), and an electric fuel pump by the gas tank.  The car had no air or unusual equipment that I remember.

If anyone has/knows the car I could pass along some interesting tales about the car.

300'ly

Carlton Schroeder
Eagle River, WI

<*> Your email settings: