[Chrysler300] Three Day Car Show

300 Clubbers,
There is a 3-day car show coming up on August 1, 2, & 3, 2008. It is the 45th annual "Das Awkscht Fescht", held in the town of Macungie, PA. Translated from Pennsylvania German, it means The August Festival. The show is pre-registration only. You can register for any or all days. Registration deadline is July 1, 2008. Check out www.awkscht.com for details. You can download the registration form from the website. Each year they feature a different car, this year it's the 1934 DeSoto. I have been attending this show every year since I was 10 years old, missing only one in 1996. Friday they take cars up to 1988, Saturday and Sunday, cars up to 1983. They limit the number of cars each day to 1,300. There is no judging except on Sunday, there are several clubs who have some awards. There are many rows of vendors (kinda like a mini-Carlisle), and a car corral. There are craft tents and other activities for the women. There is live music going on all day and evening. Friday evening, Flamin' Dick And The Hot Rods will be performing on stage. They are a very popular local Oldies band. Saturday evening there will be a great fireworks display. Each car entered receives a participation award and a brass dash plaque for each day entered. Their website can answer most of your questions, if not, let me know, I'll try to answer. There is usually one or two Letter Cars?there, but more is better. I'll have my Imperial there on Saturday and my 300H there on Sunday. Hope you can make it.

Best regards,
Mark Souders
300H
Mohrsville, PA