[Chrysler300] WI Meet question, 300 diff ratios, etc

[Chrysler300] WI Meet question, 300 diff ratios, etc

Great here in Australia to see the shots of the WI meet - weather looked a bit foggy/showery like we get in southern parts of Australia this time of early winter, but despite some places getting some, our southern winter grain cropping season is looking so far a shocker this year, with many crops just out of ground if at all, and most desperate for one soaking rain to get them going - really sad to see the massive US  floods near where the meet was.  I was still on the land when like with your Mississipi River, we had to wait for flood peaks from upstream to reach us, raise the levees by hand for weeks, only to see them fail upstream.  Hopefully no 300s or other rare belongings are lost - you have been having a bad year in US with Tornados as well - may all 300 Members be spared.  If I can get myself better organised re not working on old cars 24/7 time wise, it maybe time 300 owners try for an aussie meet maybe March April next year som,ewhere in say our two biggest population States to make it easier for most to attend.

Another post asked about tall diff ratios in 300s -near all early 300s have twin 4bbl carbs, and I have found if you can run at loads and revs that keep you on just the first 2 throats, you get way better gas economy, plus that gives a clue re how the motor is working/loaded.  On my main user 300C, just below 70mph on flat running with 32psi 235 by 15 radials is that limit.

My guess why around this optimum is 70mph, is the 300C shape has a shocker of a wind drag factor above that, and this may apply to similar jutted forward style 300F and Gs, etc.  And then of course is that 300s are pretty heavy, so unlike a say 2.37 diff working re still keeping good acceleration in a just over 3200 lbs EL Camino, response will surely be lost if an over 4000lb 300 ?!

So to make it brief, even by trying to get a good response grind/duration/lift cam (does such a grind exist for a heavy car with tall gears?!), trying to get/gain good response in a heavy car with low (tall) ratio diff gears, is maybe near impossible.  Pontiac in the late 60s, early 70s, maybe played around with that as much as anyone with motors of cubes 400-455, cars as heavy as 300s, but ram manifolding the 300s may have been ahead of Pontiac there, but ram length and cam have to match to work perfectly, so changing cam hoping to offset changed tall diff gears may only defeat good factory cam and ram length matching?

Gas prices here are crazy, world media suggesting worse ahead  for all, so looks like we decide what with driving our 300s gives most pleasure - real good acceleration up to legal limits - effortless '300ly' swallowing country miles - or having concours cars we are going to drive only occassionally, but we love to look at ?  -  whatever ??

Here in Australia today's TV news is we have just stolen another former US icon - we are now fattest people on earth - fellow 300 owners sleep sounder tonight now nowing whereas gas prices may be higher, at the least in spite of that, the US now has that rather dubious mantle lifted from it's people !!

To: michaelvanderveen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: lettercars@xxxxxxxxxxx: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:57:35 -0400Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] WI Meet on Club Website

Mike and All:That is Jack Wiltse's 300D coupe. Special order paint code NNN Sandalwood. ---Gil C.In a message dated 6/19/2008 4:20:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time, michaelvanderveen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:Hi all,just wondering if anybody can tell me what the colour of the 300D is in selection3 of the photos of the meet, photos by Mick Kreszock 10th photo down?Thanks,Mike in wet Australia.**************Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars. (http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007)[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)