[Chrysler300] 300 diff ratio omission

In my already too long earlier post today re problems of likely losing low end punch in a 300 if one goes to a low ratio diff around 2.5 or 2.7 to 1, I forgot to mention my 300C has the fairly common/stock? ratio of 3.23 to 1 - this relevant when mentioning how it seems say 65mph cruise speed is a speed where engine is working with some load, but loaded not too light or too heavy.

If therefore one puts a say mid 2s  (2.5 or 2.7 to 1) gear ratio in, my guess revs would drop fair bit, so liklely motor then would be running too slow at same previous 65-70 mph to be in good power, optimum minimum revs phase?

However if one wished to cruise at I guess 75-80 mph, most 300s engines would like that pretty good, and yes. throttle response at, or around, those speeds would be good/great, but would State Laws (Speed Limits), allow such cruise speeds?

One of my early 70s El Caminos has around 380bhp, and on a recent country trip loaded with near one ton in rear (which these were rated for with correct air lift shocks pumped up) , I had to hit it pretty hard to safely pass an overlong same way travellor, and from 65mph, I kept my foot into it for a bit longer than needed, and it went from 70mph to near 90mph, like it was a lightweight, and seemed it would have effortlerssly run right up to 150mph, so a well tuned 300 with around 400 cubic inches, and near 400bhp, is I'd say going to be just as big a blast (at those speeds).  But better pick as road where no cops ?!

I may have missed it, but surely there are (still living/enjoying?) long time 300 owners who have had, or known 300s with both tall gears like mid 2 5s, as well as those with high 3 gears, which I have a limited slip of 3.7s that I have often wondered works 'how well' re how much faster acceleration in say a 300C ?! - any comments/thoughts from any of those 'pre today, 'non speed limits', era' 300 owners/users out there?

Christopher in Australia
Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)