Re: [Chrysler300] 60 Chrysler turn signal problem

Re: [Chrysler300] 60 Chrysler turn signal problem

Tom is just getting nervous seeing me trying to help with an electrical problem. As all probably should be.

Electricity is NOT my friend!

He helps me with all of my electrical issues whether in the home or auto.

Richard

>>> "Thomas Miller" <tfm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 06/23/08 11:22 PM >>>
Do yourself a favor and double check the flasher and the socket / connectors to it.

You can easily test the flasher with a continuity tester or an ohm meter.

Flashers are normally closed (should conduct electricity) and open after conducting their rated amount of current by getting hot.  Once they cool back off, they close and conduct current again.  This is the cycle from on to off and back to on that makes the signals blink.  IF you load them down (by for instance adding additional lamps to blink (like when you tow a trailer), they'll blink faster.  This is due to conducting more current and heating faster.

Anyway, enough of the flasher theory.  Check it for continuity.  I wouldn't be surprised if it were just a bum flasher and stuck open....

Best Regards,

TFM

>>> "Richard Osborne" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 6/23/2008 10:31:35 PM >>>
Lindsey,

Sounds like the canceling switch must be o.k. Did you check the fuse in the fuse block? Are the running lights illuminating , front and rear?

Richard

>>> Lindsey Fuller <yesdnil@xxxxxxx> 06/23/08 1:00 PM >>>
The switch stays in place & cancels when you turn the wheel, but no signal indicator on the dash or the lights, front & rear. I am thinking it must be a wire loose or broken or an in line fuse somewhere, but trying to minimise under dash time with my wonky back. thks