  From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of christopher beilby
  Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2008 4:25 AM
  To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [Chrysler300] 300C oil filter leak solved

  Thank you to those who replied to yesterday's post re my 300C Oil Filter
cannister not sealing. Rather than try again with the smaller thicker seal
ring, I just put the larger thinner one that was the same as one removed.

  The thicker smaller one may have worked if not so old - it looks like it
may have shrunk with age just enough so it was too small to pick up the lip
of the metal cannister in just one spot - enough to not seal. If anyone
knows if the thicker one was a genuine issue, I would still be glad to
hear - it likely would usually work better than the thin one if not shrunk
by time ?!!

  With a bit of spilled/wasted oil around, I shouted the engine bay to a
quick degrease/wash, then did a quickie on the wire wheels, whitewalls, and
all chrome/diecast - boy a red 300C with original style large centre chrome
wire wheels, and sat just an inch or two below stock at the front, is a
knockout, even if a 10 footer - at the local supermarket today (before I
washed last few weeks grime off it), one person just wouldn't move so I
could back out, until he had finished making sure I knew he loved it. I have
had this car 28 years, and only really used it (sometimes/regularly)
'oftently' as a fun daily driver the last 10 years - what pleasure it gives.
(I must finish my two others, especially the 550bhp Daytona Flying Mile 300C
that has sat unfinished for the last too many months - both of these I owned
for 10 years, yet driven so briefly.)

  May all 300 owners around the world please have as much satisfaction from
using their 300s - this one of the true reasons they were indeed 'true/real
300s' - looks, quality interior and fittings, and industry leading
performance !!!?

  If there is a bolt on adaptor to use 'spin on' modern filters, I may go
that route - they are available for most 50s cars - I do not wish to go to a
remote filter, as they sort of ruins underhood stock look?

  Christopher, from a still drought struck southern Australia, despite near
weekly annoying light showers

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: